About Beaver Valley IU 27
The Beaver Valley Intermediate Unit (BVIU) is comprised of the fourteen local school districts, the New Horizon School for students with disabilities and the Beaver County Career and Technology Center. We serve three area charter schools and 11 non-public schools.
One of the commonwealth's 29 Intermediate Units created by Act 102 in 1970, the BVIU provides needed and requested services to its member school districts. Some services needed by children, teachers, and administrators cannot be provided as effectively and economically by individual school districts. Through a service agency like the BVIU, specialized staff and services are made available to school districts with maximum cost effectiveness.
BVIU operations are conducted under approval of a 14 member Board of Directors elected by the 126 local school board members. No more than one director from a school district may serve on the Intermediate Unit Board at one time. An Advisory Council comprised of the 14 local district superintendents meets monthly to review programs and services.
Providing innovative educational programming, leadership and resources for all learners.
Shaping the future by facilitating learning opportunities and ensuring excellence in education, services and support.
- in continued education by offering quality, research based programming to all.
- that mastery of knowledge and skills serves to empower and enable all.
- in transcending expectations and providing innovative professional development.
- that leadership can come from every level and that everyone regardless of position has something of value to offer.
- that quality leadership inspires skill development and imagination for continuous growth.
- that quality leadership is at the service of the team and offers support, fosters potential and recognizes achievement.
- that quality leadership maximizes the organization's ability to achieve the mission.
- in providing high-quality resources to foster teaching and learning opportunities at all levels.
- the Intermediate Unit should provide resources that support creative problem solving and progressive solutions that demonstrate a commitment to excellence.
- in providing resources and services that are valuable, affordable, of superior quality and are driven by the needs of educators and learners in our community.