Online Professional Development
Beginning Teacher Network
This course offers new educators an opportunity for support and collaboration in order to enhance classroom practices. The program seeks to provide first, second or third-year educators with an opportunity for professional growth, collegial dialogue, support and guidance. Participants will receive 2 CPE credits (60 ACT 48 hours). You will complete the work over a five-week period in an entirely asynchronous environment.
Text Dependent Analysis Training
Beginning with the 2014-2015 ELA-PSSA, 19% of the overall score will come from answers to ONE Text Dependent Analysis Question. This type of questioning requires that teachers understand what close reading is, how to develop text-dependent analysis questions, how to score them, how to select appropriate text for this type of questioning and how to deliver this type of instruction. The Beaver Valley Intermediate Unit has developed a 30-hour online workshop designed to address these issues. For more information, please contact Jill Martin at 724-774-7800 x3015
Courses for ACT 48, Master's Equivalency or Level II Certification
- These courses are offered during three different semesters: Fall, Spring and Summer
Courses for PA Certification
- We are currently offering an eighteen credit ESL Certification Program.
- Earn an ESL Program Specialist Certificate in less than a year
- For an additional fee and one project per course, earn eighteen graduate credits from Robert Morris University as your complete your certificate.
- To apply or for more about this program, click here.
- Currently in development and/or awaiting PDE approval:
- Autism Certification
- Instructional Coaching Certification
- Online Teaching Certification
Workshops to meet state/federal regulations
Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse
- This 3 hour, online workshop meets the requirements of ACT 126.
- participants will receive a certification to demonstrate they've met these requirements.
- Cost of the workshop is $15
For more information, please contact Jill Martin at 724-774-7800 x3015
Have an idea for a new class? Click here to submit your suggestion.
Interested in teaching an online course or workshop? Click here to submit your vitae.