1st Year Substitute Information
In order to be eligible to receive a Type 06 Emergency Substitute Teacher Certificate for this school year, you must participate in this training. Please read all directions carefully. You can download all needed documents, from here. The registration form and payment must be received before instructions to the virtual training will be sent. The remaining documents can be completed and returned to Annie at your convenience but your Type 06 permit will not be submitted to PDE until all documents are completed.
- Registration Form - with $40.00, sent to the BVIU at address below.
- Beaver Valley Intermediate Unit
- c/o Annie Gilbreath Devine (email@example.com - if being done electronically)
- 147 Poplar Avenue
- Monaca, PA 15061
- No PDE processing fee is required – email the form to Annie when completed.
Background Clearances are required, (Act 34 – Criminal Record Check, Act 151 – Child Abuse History, and Act 114 – FBI Criminal Background Check.) Follow the instructions on the website link for obtaining clearances:
- PDE - 6004 - Act 24 of 2011- Arrest/Conviction report needs to be completed.
- Act 168 of 2014 - Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release form -
- PA Act 126 – Child Abuse Recognition and Mandated Reporting Training. This is offered online. Required class time is 3 hours. Information is included on the clearance information document.
The cost of the training will be $40.00 by check or money order made payable to: the Beaver Valley Intermediate Unit. Please complete the registration form and return it with payment. As soon as payment is received, you will get a confirmation email with instructions to join the virtual training class.
We look forward to having you involved in this program. If you have any questions at all, please call Annie at 724-774-7800 Ext 3008.