ACT 114 FBI Fingerprint Services
Effective close of business on Friday, November 17, 2017, the BVIU will no longer be providing fingerprint services through Cogent for new applicants. All new applicants must be pre-registered and fingerprinted prior to 11/17/17.
Applicants that have been notified that their prints were rejected for quality purposes will have until Wednesday, November 22, 2017 to complete the reprint process at the BVIU. Applicants that have not completed the reprint process before November 22, 2017 will be eligible to continue the reprint process with at the BVIU on or after December 8, 2017.
We anticipate the ability to receive new fingerprint customers at the BVIU starting December 8, 2017.
Beaver Valley Intermediate Unit has agreed to be a site for fingerprinting applicants. In order to be fingerprinted, all applicants must have:
- A Cogent Systems registration ID number
- A valid photo ID
Applicants must register prior to going to a fingerprint site. Visit the www.pa.cogentid.com to register online, or call 1-888-439-2486, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST to register via telephone. Once registered, all applicants will receive a registration ID number which will be needed at the fingerprinting center.
Payment can be made online with a credit card during the registration process or by bringing a money order/cashier’s check payable to Cogent Systems to the fingerprinting site. No cash or personal checks will be accepted.
The fingerprint sites cannot answer questions except those involving times and locations. All information regarding process, policy and print locations may be found at the Cogent website.
- Please make sure you are registered before you arrive. We will be unable to continue with the fingerprinting process if you are not registered.
- Please arrive 30 minutes before closing time.
- Due to the overwhelming response with our fingerprint service you may be asked to return at another day or time due to how busy we may be. Our facility is a first come first serve basis.
- Please call for office hours the day before every holiday.
- In case of inclement weather, please call 724-774-7800 to verify availability.
- Please do not overwhelm the service by sending large groups of applicants to the location. If you have a large group of applicants to fingerprint, please contact us first.
Hours of OperationMonday: 8:00 am – 3:00 pmTuesday: 8:00 am – 3:00 pmWednesday: 8:00 am – 3:00 pmThursday: 8:00 am – 3:00 pmFriday: 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Fingerprinting Site InformationBeaver Valley Intermediate Unit #27147 Poplar AvenueMonaca, PA 15061Phone: 724-774-7800Click here for directions
For More Information
For questions and information about fingerprinting please contact Cogent at http://www.pa.cogentid.com or 1-888-439-2486
Additional Fingerprinting Sites
Child Abuse Clearance Forms